Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: want to learn about splicing

You can't learn it from a book or by completing some online course. The only way is to have someone that knows what their doing teach you. I mean really knows what their doing not some hack. You might try finding a splicer that will take you on as a ground hand teach you how to assemble and configure the line gear and read a print. Then after you learn that maybe you can cut in some EOL's, then move on from there. The best way is to get in with a construction crew and learn how to build it both aerial and underground first. Best splicers I know started by doing construction, knowing how it's built really helps in splicing it right and not being a hack. TOO Many people out there saying they can splice and then screw up perfectly good plant. Then you got to learn how the line gear works and how to activate and set up the actives, and don't forget how to troubleshoot. If it don't turn on you got to be able to find out why and fix it. You just can't jump into it got to pay your dues if you want to last and be any good and make any money. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure there are people that will give you a coring tool and turn you loose.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #225971. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6WR
Posted in reply to: want to learn about splicing by a19942326
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: want to learn about splicing Nate30 9/2/2008 4:45:00 PM
Re: want to learn about splicing l8rb 9/2/2008 3:24:00 PM
Re: want to learn about splicing uglyoldlineman 9/2/2008 1:17:00 PM