Create your free account now! Sign up

egotistical people

I have been around the cable business for a number of years, mostly been out for a number of reasons. Just recently cleaning out and reorginizing my file cabinet, and came across some of my old catv contracts. found 1 from an oklahoma company, lots and lots of fancy words, retainage $5000 where other people want $ 1500, i thougt kind of rich yet i have saw so much stupid, the man has to protect himself, as long as the money is safe, the next line? contractor must give 30 days written notice to modify or terminate this contract, which must be mutally agreed by both parties in writing. failure to properly notify in writing will be cause for contractor to forfeit final payments and all retainages due. i thought better make sure to notify, then thought wait a minute! I called him, told him I had a problem with # 14, he said change 30 days to 14 days. i said I am not signing anything with forfeit on it> that means you can reach into my pockets and pluck out a lot of dollars. he said I know. then he said he has guys looking for work all the time. i said you are missing the obvious, are they worth a s##t? I saw him rebuild the same line with 3 crews before they got it right, so that speaks for itself. i feel sorry for the guys, as if you give a guy training on what you want, a lot of them can make it, if you through them out knowing you are gong to rip them offf you are wrecking good people. this was in 2001, i passed by his place earlier this year, looks like he is still in business. as I shook the mans hand, i had to scrub and sanatize my hand!!!!! more later(bigsmile)
hello im trying to get a phone # or email for GTS in Ga, if anybody has it i would appreciate it, email at
This is CABL.com posting #225579. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6Qx
There are 0 replies to this message