Create your free account now! Sign up

Dar They Come Are You Ready?????????????

Just looking at the satellite views this morning the Ducks got an ominous feeling I might get my wish this year. I was looking at the eastern Atlantic satellite late last night and I saw Hanna forming , I said to the ole lady thats going to be a hurricane. This morning I get up and the weather channel is making the same forecast . Too me its like looking down the barrel of a 10 gage shotgun , you know what ever they hit will be destroyed. I recall St.Johns Island off Charleston S.C. looking out into the ocean two years after Hugo came ashore there . Second row back became ocean front in some places . I can still picture broken pole stub's sticking up where streets and houses use to be.With the formation of Hanna (if I spelled it right) and its for casted track , now the Duck has worries of his own. I live at the coast , and my ex-wife and children live second row on the ocean and with a Cat 4 or 5 that second row could go in the ocean. A Cat 5 has waves a high as 60ft and that could wash right over the barrier island that protects my home town . Concerned ........To say the least .

(usa) "WHITFIELD"(sunny) The Big Duck
This is CABL.com posting #225560. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6Qe
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Dar They Come Are You Ready????????????? IslandCableDog 8/31/2008 11:20:00 PM
The Perfect Storm Ramblin Man 8/30/2008 10:47:00 AM
Re: Dar They Come Are You Ready????????????? hookman 81 8/28/2008 8:34:00 PM
Pic for Ramblin Man 8/28/2008 10:28:00 AM