Create your free account now! Sign up

Hurricane Prices , What will you work for?

Time to think about working a hurricane . How are you going to get paid??? I really don't want to end up like Bill . Lets see the primes prices to them was around $275.00 per hr. for a three man crew.Splicer ,truck with helper about$150.00 . I' m sure this depended on the MSO you contracted from .Fuel was around $3.00 a gallon , " just a good round figure " . Lets think here , now the price is around $5.00 a gallon . I sure don't know of any contractors getting a price increase because of this , quite the opposite , from what I see the MSO's keep cutting the prices they want to pay . Now something is wrong with this picture , no wonder sooooooooo many companys go under . Has the price of anything gone down , are your insurance premiums cheaper ,he double toothpic no . If a hurricane hits in the Gulf Coast , lets say a four or five , there go the oil rigs ,whats that going to do to the price of fuel . $7.00 to $10.00 a gallon . Prices for motels ? "What Motels , the hurricane destroyed them too , massive tent cities .The national guard running things , looters kaotz , you have to drive 100 miles just to get fuel . Ice being scalped at $5.00 a bag . Campgrounds if you can find one open , humm , Yes there are alot of things to consider before you pack up and roll trucks to a hurricane . Just think of the cost of fuel to get there . Is the Government going to step in and help ??? Did they rebuild New Orleans like they said they would? I think we all can answer that. Lets see they declare things a state of disaster and they provide martial law . I've worked alot of hurricanes over the years and made some good money doing so , this year I'm looking at the price of fuel and thinking of airlines going bankrupt because of it . Lets see , lets say $300.00 a day for fuel to work twelve hrs . and drive 100 miles to get it . Thats $9000.00 per month per truck and your 30 , 45 , 60 , 90 days out on your money . You all know how hurricanes work , billing changes daily as to how its received and accepted from the MSO . I've yet to go to a properly managed hurricane by the MSO , they have all been in my opinion " a cluster fuc. " , The MSO 's fly in a new project manager who is supposed to be a God of some sort , and they usually don't have a clue .Then that great big stock pile of materials runs out , so the contractors are sitting on their duff awaiting supplys . Yup big hurricanes aren't fun and games . Better have a hot stick if you are in the field or else you might get toasted , or make a mistake from fatigue that could cost you your life. I guess I've rambled enough for now. I know there is alot of you that have war stories of hurricane work and how conditions were at the last major storm. How about sharing some , so people don't just pack up and run to a hurricane thinking their going to make big bucks , when in reality they could get burned. Thanks for reading!
(usa) "WHITFIELD" (sunny) The Big Duck
This is CABL.com posting #225513. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6Pt
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: Hurricane Prices , What will you work for? Lightmaster 8/27/2008 9:47:00 PM
Re: Hurricane Prices , What will you work for? hookman 81 8/27/2008 8:15:00 PM
Re: Hurricane Prices , What will you work for? oldlinedawg 8/27/2008 5:05:00 PM
Re: Hurricane Prices , What will you work for? Ramblin Man 8/27/2008 10:58:00 AM