Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable TV

Company Issued equipment... ie: nextel.. id badge.. uniforms.. truck signs.. are a must returned items..

In this day of age weather it is cable,telco,power,sat. the issuing company has a liability involved.. 10 years ago my bin doors on the inside had mag signs stuck to them from most Mso's I contracted for.. a lot of them said, just hang on to them you will be back for phase 2,3 or 4 and that way they won't loose them..same thing went for the id badges.. once you went thru the background check you were good to go.. good for any job with that mso ..

But Now is a different story.. you return everything that you don't pay out of pocket for.. most company make you sign for anything that has the mso, prime or sub's name on it to be returned after complication of the project or termination of the job.. and that also includes the Lead lined underwear that is issued to you to work at a nuke power plant.

Just imagine there is a Broke,starving, kicked off the job for failing a random drug test, tech wearing a MSO'S shirt, with ID Badge and Company Signs on a truck , knocking on your door at 10pm stating there is a problem with the Power, or maybe a gas leak at their address ... a lot of older people "God Bless Them" don't or won't think about calling the company to verify if their is a problem .. hell they see a man with a ID Badge and a shirt with the mso's logo on it then look out the door and see a truck with the MSO's sign on it, Sure you can come inside ,, Headline News the next day... So I demand everything back from a employee or a sub when the project is completed.

Just a smart move.. It saves law suits and you can imagine
the rest..

Southern
This is CABL.com posting #225308. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6Ma
Posted in reply to: Cable TV by danimal
There are 2 replies to this message
what if guerillasplicer 8/24/2008 2:53:00 PM
Re: Cable TV cablehawk 1 8/23/2008 9:19:00 PM