Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Phone Guys Get Attacked

I got to weigh in on this one . I've raised Dobermans , Rotties and Pitts , its not always the way dogs are raised , there are bad dogs in all breeds , just think of all the little ankle biters we've encountered . I once gave away a brindle pit at six months old , it had started getting too ruff with my children . The man I gave it to ,had it two weeks and his brother stopped by his house and jumped on top him on the couch to wrestle him (playing) and the dog attacked him and nearly tore off his index finger . I've had nice pits and I've been given some so mean most are afraid to handle . I have an American Bull dog now , he loves people , but he hates other animals . Dogs will be dogs , never under estimate them . I recall back in the early eightys , a story in the Sun Sentinal about a phone guy that was attacked by a pit that jumped a fence , he walked around the house with the dog hanging from his fore arm and picked up a 2x4 and beat the dog off his arm . Ever since then I always carry this big framing hammer with me if I'm working in someones yard . I would not hesitate to sink it into a dog to protect my self . I've found most dogs that bark at you have some fear in them its the ones that don't bark that make me wary . I always whistle loudly before entering someones yard , that usually brings the dogs out . I also always knock on the door before entering a yard as I have had people turn the dogs out not knowing I'm there . Once a dog attacks a human I would destroy the animal , no questions asked . I know others will disagree , but I feel once a dog crosses the line it will do so again . Just my two cents.
This is CABL.com posting #225066. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6Ig
Posted in reply to: Phone Guys Get Attacked by 3GigCharlie
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Phone Guys Get Attacked nrb1 8/19/2008 8:08:00 PM
Re: Phone Guys Get Attacked oldlinedawg 8/19/2008 5:10:00 PM
Re: Phone Guys Get Attacked gacable 8/19/2008 5:07:00 PM