Create your free account now! Sign up

Not Good For The Phone Guy

Pitbull Attacks Two Phone Technicians

Witnesses say early Monday morning two CenturyTel technicians in La Crosse working on a phone line fought for their lives as a pitbull jumped a fence and attacked.

“Heard screaming first looked out the bathroom window and saw big time fighting. I saw the dog going at the guy and then another guy tried to stop the dog and it attacked the other guy to.,” says witness James Burks.

Burks says he called 911 but couldn't do anything to help the two men who he says were badly hurt.

"They kept saying get away and they wanted the dog to get off of him just go and the one guy couldn't get up but the one guy got up but he had a big hole in his stomach,” says Burks.

Burks wasn't the only neighbor to see the attack. Belva White says she saw what happened, and it makes her afraid for her eleven year old grandson.

"Those were two grown men they had a hell of a time you see what a hell of a time they had trying to get loose and a kid there would be nothing left of them,” says White

The Humane Society has the dog under a ten day home quarantine and Executive director Heather Schmid says the county health department and the police department will decide what to do with the dog.

"We diffidently have a situation here where a dog has done some serious damage to two individuals and we need to make sure that doesn't happen again,” says Schmid.

Burks says he doesn't like the idea of having a pitbull in his neighborhood and hopes county leaders will do what he says is the right thing.

"I think the dog should be taken away I don't think its right a dog attacking people,” says Burks.

CenturyTel representative Kim Valiquette says both men were treated at a local hospital and one received stitches.
This is CABL.com posting #225033. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6HJ
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Not Good For The Phone Guy Travis Baxter 8/19/2008 6:27:00 PM