Create your free account now! Sign up

Pay Off's and the Cable Industry

Greased pocketts , thats part of what makes the Industry go round . I recall years back when a now defunked company American Spliceco use to make payoffs . I recall Wally Hooks being flown to Morehead City , put up in a lavish room , wined and dined , taken out on James Thompsons charter boat all free of charge. I believe they were called Warner Amex or they may have still been Warner Bros. , Then there was the big contract in Dallas and Houston . I recall a conversation with David Spickett in which he stated Spliceco was going to be kicked out many times , but he would take a payoff to the right man and the ball kept rolling . Wether it be a cash payoff or just a present to that certain someone . It helps when bidding a contract to know what everyone else's bids are before submitting yours. I wonder to myself how many others know of such payoffs . I won't tell on any current co.'s or else it might be considered liable and someone might try to sue me for it. What say ye ole dod/dogs ,got any war stories to add to this thread??????
This is CABL.com posting #224963. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6GB
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Pay Off's and the Cable Industry messenger 8/17/2008 6:57:00 PM
Re: Pay Off's and the Cable Industry cabledad 8/17/2008 5:47:00 PM
Re: Pay Off's and the Cable Industry cabledog 8/17/2008 1:08:00 PM
Re: Pay Off's and the Cable Industry oldlinedawg 8/17/2008 12:44:00 PM
Re: Pay Off's and the Cable Industry Hybrid.PC 8/17/2008 12:36:00 PM