Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: werner ladders

Hey ugly... I have done many, many wrong things with my Ladders over the course of 37 years.. Like placing it in the bucket of my 48ft Hiranger setting on the side of a washed out road and riding the boom to the max & extending the ladder to the max (it was a heavy 32) and hook the strand to get to a poleline to repair a suckout after a flood in AK. you could see the base of the pole.. not the ground level .. the full 22" flat bottom of the pole.. just one of those things you got to do.. then another time I threw my ladder down across a washed out creek bed for a plank and we carried several thousand pounds across it..(power feeder,hardware,tools) the point is INSPECT & TRUST YOUR TOOLS

If you don't trust them Throw them away.. tear them up.. don't sell them or give them away to someone else that can get hurt on them, take a chainsaw and cut them to up.. my last statement was truly about
know your limitations and trust your tools...

I have 72" Rubberwraps that get a 3/4" gash in them because one of my lineman might snag it pulling it out of the truck bin and I toss them.. along with the lineman.. $743.00 for a 72" wrap but at 74kv that little 3/4" gash .. Have you ever been hit in the head by a bolt of lightning and survived.. I think not.. my statement was totally about safety.. so this is the last you will hear from me in regards to the unsafe ladder.. to the dawg that broke his back .. SUE werner.. and to the rest of you out there ..

Inspect your sh*t if it's it bad.. get rid of it.. .. now my fingers are tired so I am going to get me some more bugs.. Peace and Be Safe

Southern
This is CABL.com posting #223793. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6nJ
Posted in reply to: Re: werner ladders by uglyoldlineman
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: werner ladders oldlinedawg 7/30/2008 10:25:00 PM