Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: When Should an installer....

Three bad jobs I can remember the pole being a bit nerve-wracking.

1. This one was my fault. The span took a 90 degree turn at this particular pole and the tap was on the opposite side. I was just too dang lazy to drive around to the correct yard, so I tossed a leg over the strand while keeping one on the ladder, hugged the pole, and leaned REAL far to the tap to hook up service. Not a bucket truck scenario, but I should have set up the ladder in another yard.

2. The a-hole customers and their three neighbors all had tin sheds in that corner of their yards. I had enough room to set the ladder vertical and get the hooks over the strand. That little clip that seats the two ladder sections together was broke so the whole time the ladder was springy. Felt like I was climbing up an accordion each time the span would respond to my next step up the ladder.

3. I put the ladder against a pole, started to climb, and the pole listed so bad that a large splinter caught up in the rubber guard at top of the ladder and it was a bitch to work free. I didn't go up that pole and certainly didn't want to put any weight on the strand either. Something must have tore up the bottom of that pole.
This is CABL.com posting #223611. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6kN
Posted in reply to: Re: When Should an installer.... by gacable
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: When Should an installer.... hookman 81 7/28/2008 11:55:00 PM