Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sub Band Modulator - Live Broadcast

Both Joe and jmiller gave correct answers I might add that you'll want to look at and clean-up your sub band prior to use and some of the lower freq sub channels are noisier than others. I'd suggest t-11 if you have no way of looking at the return. Depending on exactly what your doing and for how long this can get maintenance intensive if you have questionable return or crowded return. The sub mod should be run close to wide open and padded down on the output for best results not just turned down to achieve the optimum input to the first active. Its possible, I do it but I'd advise doing alot of research into it before you commit. Your processor at the receive end may be sensitive to spurious noise levels and trigger on this thinking its a video signal. If your planning on interrupting an existing community channel or such with an a-b input modulator and your processor triggers every time there is a spike in the return noise then your interrupting the channel with noise rather than the desired video feed. I need more info to better advise but do your homework. Dont give up a slice of your return spectrum that you may need in the future for more lucrative use to some feel good for the community project that could very well turn into a real pita that doesn't pay well, if at all. If your snr on the return path is high then your picture will be bad as you'll be amplifing this noise you'll need to see -30 or better snr at selected freq to have a passable video picture and if your going through a node better check what kind of return transmitter is installed in it as it may be data only.
This is CABL.com posting #223054. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6bO
Posted in reply to: Re: Sub Band Modulator - Live Broadcast by jmiller
There are 0 replies to this message