Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: OTJ shorts "the answer"

AAHHHH the good ole days....

I remember back when we didnt even have hooks... We had to take our shoes off and use our toenails!!!
Didnt even have poles... we tied wire to trees. and the shortest tree was 300 ft tall. Wait... they hadnt made coax yet.... we were putting up string and tying them to tin cans. Why??? hell we didnt know.... we were just hoping to get paid.

AND WE WERE PROUD TO DO IT

And we ALL wore shorts cause we couldnt afford enough material to make long britches..... only those new fangled guys in them office buildings that had store bought air could afford them new fangled long pants.

AND WE WERE PROUD TO WEAR THEM

And we walked to work carrying all our tools drinking a six-pack for b'fast walked up hill both ways...in the snow... and that was in FLORIDA!! You say they dont have hills in Florida? Of course they dont.... we walked them all down flat !!!

AND WE WERE PROUD TO DO IT

And we did it all for a dime of what they pay today and todays pay sucks. But we were happy to get it. Why??? cause at least we were working!! These kids today dont know the meaning of the word. Bucket Truck? whats that? we nailed a wooden ladder to a bicycle and that was our top producer that could afford that. We had beer for breakfast.... beans for lunch and gas for supper.

AND WE WERE...... well.... we all sorta dreaded supper.

AAAAAHHHHHHH the good ole days.
Of course that's just my opinion.... I could be wrong
This is CABL.com posting #222417. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m51x
Posted in reply to: Re: OTJ shorts "the answer" by danimal
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: OTJ shorts "the answer" vegassatellite 7/15/2008 1:16:00 AM
Re: OTJ shorts "the answer" Chris13 7/14/2008 8:20:00 PM
Re: OTJ shorts "the answer" oldlinedawg 7/14/2008 7:44:00 PM
Re: OTJ shorts "the answer" danimal 7/14/2008 6:34:00 PM
Re: OTJ shorts "the answer" dustyboots 7/14/2008 4:50:00 PM