Create your free account now! Sign up

Sometimes Cable Hurts Us All

I would like to know how many of us out here either know, or themselves have been directly affected by the changes this industry has brought on.

Here's why I ask.....For the first time in over 28 years, I have been affected by the recent slow downs to the point that I've had to get out of the business......This is so unfortunate and I used to think it was something I had done. Maybe my old ways has kept me from staying in the biz, but economically I couldn't survive on the recent shutdowns, and of course the drop in income. I had to sell my gear and used up savings to the point where, the house is gonna go as well. I guess being a road warrior did catch up, to the point where the family life suffered, and a lot of missed opportunities with them are now gone.
So now I'm heading to Tucson, AZ to pick up the pieces, pull the boot straps up and move on....
The thing I have noticed is a lot of anger about the biz, and I know about that, but the question I have is to everyone out there, is this:

Has this change in the industry affected you personally, and if so what did you do to "move on"......

I'm not a whiner, been doing this too long for that, just curious, maybe my lack of change from climbing poles, construction, splicing, and technical work, and wanting the old way to hang on has done me in.......

Thanks
Respectfully,
UglyOldLineman
This is CABL.com posting #220926. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5Du
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Sometimes Cable Hurts Us All bluedeogee 6/19/2008 8:19:00 PM
Re: Sometimes Cable Hurts Us All danimal 6/19/2008 7:12:00 PM
Re: Sometimes Cable Hurts Us All oldlinedawg 6/19/2008 6:44:00 PM
Re: Sometimes Cable Hurts Us All Lightmaster 6/19/2008 5:45:00 PM