Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who's the customer

A good prime who makes the rules and guidelines clear and adheres to them as well is worth going the extra mile for. The prime that is fair with the pay and distribution of work is worth busting your ass for. Most of the primes that I have seen tell subs to pick up extra jobs and payday comes and the excuse was that they didn't get paid. I worked as a QCer for a prime who did not want me to explain the rules just backcharge. He said when they lose enough money they will learn. He was mad when I trained the guys. That prime would take money from a guy put QC on his stub however the backcharge was not on my list and not backcharged by me. When I stopped QCing they hired two guys who would backcharge techs just to keep the boss happy. All the primes that I worked for had supervisors who would favoritise and give work based on race or favors. Some primes will send a tech to do a job and then on payday they will say that the cable company did not pay for the job. The sub does not work for the cable company they work for the Prime so there is no excuse for this. The key is to train your techs properly and treat them fairly and you can command repect and perfection.
This is CABL.com posting #220903. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5C7
Posted in reply to: Who's the customer by Quester
There are 0 replies to this message