Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who's the customer

A true 1099'd subcontractor who has experience can line up his schedule or make do with the schedule. That is the nature of the "installation" business. If you don't want to sit around for 6 hours in a hot van (maybe down by the river?), then go be an employee of an MSO (you'll probably make more money anyway). Or get into a different line of work. You mentioned before that you have to go thru years of training before becoming a contractor in your state. Some of us can make a good living in this business but we don't waste our time moaning and groaning on this site - we use it as a "tool". And believe me, if you EVER become a prime, hope you can afford to feed yourself & family for a VERY long time (several months maybe) before you see any money from the MSO. That's why the good primes are there - they've got the CASH which gets $$ and food on people's plates (well, most of them anyway). Keep in mind, you'll still have to keep paying your payroll, taxes, insurance, tools, gas before that MSO decides to mail your check. Many of us subcontractors don't want to starve. I prefer to keep my family fed and my employee's families fed, so I stick with working for good primes.
This is CABL.com posting #220899. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5C3
Posted in reply to: Re: Who's the customer by altec
There are 0 replies to this message