Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: There are laws to stop from being ripped off..

HooRahh SC!!!

Good for you on finding a Prime that knows how to treat a sub-contractor as such!!

You are so correct. There are some good apples out there and some bad ones when it comes to Prime/Sub business relationships.

I know some have read my previous posts about H.R.6111 "The Employee Misclassification Prevention Act" and know that I am for it. In SC's case, it sounds like he's sitting in a good postion for it should it pass. SC shouldn't be effected by it at all.

HR6111 is not there to stop sub-contracting and force to a employer/employee business relationship. It's goal is to make sure that all Labor know exactly what thier rights are as an employee or sub-contractor .... depending on which business relationship both parties want to enter into.

Right now there are Primes out there hiring labor and having them sign on as sub-contractors, but treating them like employees. The worker that just took that job is now asking "WTF??!! .....I thought this was a sub-contracting gig" and are getting hosed. Poor guy raises the issue and has his job threatened. Some suck it up and plow forward, some tell the boss to go get stuffed.

Again .... H.R.6111 is NOT going to do away with sub-contracting. It's just going to help all involved understand exactly what TYPE of business relationship they are getting into at the beginning of things.

Good luck
This is CABL.com posting #220712. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5z2
There is 1 reply to this message