Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Am I an employee of the MSO ???

The business relationship between the MSO and the PRIME is very different than that of the PRIME with it's installers.

There are a lot more laws that dictate the MSO/PRIME relationship. The primary one covers "Co-Employment" issues and there is usually a very healthy respect on this topic between both parties. Almost all contract owners are very aware of the language use and actions in daily business interations with the MSO. The contract owners usually also have a legal team, or one on retainer, that helps keep them within bounds. ALL of the MSO's have lawyers working everyday on labor and contracting issues.

I don't know many cable installers that retain lawyers when they have labor issues with thier boss or the company. In this difference lays the issue at hand in which Congress is trying to correct.

If you believe you are mis-classified right now, I would recommend contacting the Department of Labor - Wage & Hour Division office in the State you live and work in to obtain guidance.

Every state is different on the litmus test for sub-contractor -vs- employee right now. H.R. 6111 passes and it should simplify things a bit.

Hope this helps.
This is CABL.com posting #220708. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5zY
Posted in reply to: Am I an employee of the MSO ??? by hid1baby
There are 0 replies to this message