Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: This is gonna hurt some of you

Ok it didn't hurt. He shows war footage and gives information as he sees it. He was not the company commander. He does not have all the information the commander has. He claims a firefight was over and a bomb was dropped. Why? Probably because that is where the insurgents were. He fired a 50 cal round and he feels bad because the guy had 7 daughters in the car. Sounds like his fault to me. He has footage obtained by someone else of a bomb hitting a building and so on and so on. this is just one grunt's view and weighed against the many soldiers I have spoken with there is far more good things than bad. The bad just sticks out more. War is terrible and mistakes are made but most of the people there are honorable and try their best. But they are tense because they know a bomb may waiting for them or a terrorist might be behind the next corner. A car may drive up and explode. I don't know why you think this is so easy and so black and white. It isn't. I am not changing my view because one guy couldn't handle it and embellished the story with video obtained from the internet. I have seen some of these on the internet. And unfortunately I think he has exaggerated somewhat to make his reasons look more sound. He is 1 guy and doesn't speak for the Marine core. If he doesn't want to be a marine good riddance.
This is CABL.com posting #220490. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5ws
Posted in reply to: This is gonna hurt some of you by nrb1
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: This is gonna hurt some of you sab3r 6/14/2008 4:36:00 PM
Re: This is gonna hurt some of you voices 6/14/2008 12:56:00 PM