Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Here it comes.....

I'm glad to see that the Federal Gov't is finally going to tackle this issue. Some states have already put in place laws to protect employees from being misclassified. Nevada being one of them.

Watching the subcommittee hearing was quite the eye opener. To see the Department of Labor - Hour and Wage director openly state that he was not automatically forwarding results of his investigations to the appropriate agency for criminal procecution was appalling. This bill will help implode the illegal supply chain in the installer segment. Maybe we'll get lucky and see some integrity again.

They pass this on the Federal level and get ready to say Buh-Bye to at least 1/2 the companies out there. The other 1/2 will finally have to get thier hands off the true "Independant Contractor" and stop dictating pay, start/stop times, uniforms, and the million other nit-picking items that drive I.C.'s crazy.

So ... shops that are treating I.C.'s like employees .... Get ready to spend 30% more on labor just to get your taxes and matching payroll up to snuff :-) .... Oh ..... might as well read up on Labor Unions too .... You can be the government is gonna be watching organizing efforts too in the wake of the passage of HR 6111, should it pass that is.

GL to us all
This is CABL.com posting #219620. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5iq
Posted in reply to: Here it comes..... by altec
There are 0 replies to this message