Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: easy to understand copper color code

There are lots of different pic cables out there. If blaze is just splicing new cable I am sure he won't run into any other types.
what bigal is refering to is what is called japanes pic or odd pic. It was just a different color code and manufacture not a precursor or predecessor.

It had the same ten colors as the bell code, but for some damn reason there was a gold conductor, which made eleven. Also, they would twist what are known as ring only colors together, as well as tip colors, thus having a white violet, red yellow, etc. By Having this they were able to have a 51pair binder.

Total, there were only sixteen binders, and no cable larger than a 404pr, but the size of the binders differed as the size of the cable.
The first five binders are the modern ring colors with no trace, and then the following binders go in order with the modern code, except binder 16 which is blue yellow.

Confused, so am I when it comes to the pair order. I know the first twenty six by heart, but cant rattle off any more than that. Haven't seen a odd pic larger than 26pair in over ten years, as it has all been replaced. I am sure won of the maintenance splicers has a chart, if I can remember I'll ask around.
This is CABL.com posting #219319. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5dz
Posted in reply to: Re: easy to understand copper color code by bigalvah123
There are 0 replies to this message