Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: made it ...."To the land of the cactus"

Good ole Arizona , I recall years back when I worked there. Just keep that cooler full of Gatorade and you will be allright . I worked for Protel a now defunked
company bought up by Mastec . Mike Keezer the owner was a real piece of work. I was given a sub division with large footages in Tuscon , looked good on paper , anyway , I go out with my mexies , I have this one ped where I had to move a trunk amp about 400 ft back to a tap location with a dig and retrieve pot hole for the trunk . This one location turned out to be a nightmare from hel.l . Not all of the lots in the sub division had been sold, this tap location was on an unsold lot covered in those Giant pirepad cactus that grow out there. I had to use the hound to cut the way in and locate the tap ped buried in cactus , by the time we finally found the ped and cleared it for the large doghouse we had a giant mound of cactus piled next to the road , I was cool with this even though it was alot more work. I figured the sub division would have a claw truck come remove the cactus(nono). About 3 days later someone in the sub division was raising a stink with comcast about the pile of cactus. We all know how it is chit runs down hill. Protel tells me I have to go out at my expense and remove the cactus . I'm like bullchit , I'll add this to my free list ,it has a two grand cap on each job , if you don't figure out a way to compensate me I'll be gone . Back to the story, it takes me and my mexies 3 truck loads and 3 round trips to remove the cactus back to Comcast's dumpster . I don't know how much the readers here know about large pirepads , they have the long spines and at the base of the long spine they have a thick row of what appears to be fiber optic hairs , that are also spines. Well after a few days drying in the desert sun these fiber optic looking spines just fall out and float through the air and land on your skin and embedd themselves and then they begin to fester. After three truck loads I feel I need some compensation so I tell Jim Schendledecker the project mgr . I need a resolve on this. Jim says you will have to wait till Keezer gets here this weekend and talk to him. Sunday finally gets there and me and my running mate the fiber splicer go to meet him , Keezer was already friends with Jason the fiber splicer as back in the day when we first started attaching fiber backbones to the systems the fiber splicer was treated like a God , Well the first time I met Keezer he took an instant dislike to me, hel.l I wanted in his pocket . I tell him I wanted compensated for those three trips and all these festers . He answers , I've got a meeting with comcast tomorrow I'll see if they will add an addendum to my contract to compensate for this and then I'll pay you . I was 270 at the time and all steroided up , needless to say I had a short fuse. I told him fuc. you Mike Keezer , I've been in this industry 21yrs now ,that was nine years ago , I said I'm not stupid enough to believe that bullchit , If its not in you contract they sure as hel.l ain't going to add it now. They will look at you and tell you you should have included this when you originally bid your contract , its not our fault you didn't know how to bid your contract. This pissed Keezer off and he never liked me after that but he did respect me for it . About five weeks later I left Tuscon and went back to Carolina and Keeser calls me and wants me to come back and be a project Mgr. for him . I tell him when I can go to the Ford dealer and pick a maxed out dually of my choice I'll consider it. I said I have power in this industry . He says what kind of power do you think you have . I said people will come out of the woodwork to work for me because they know I'm a stand up kind of man , and my projects run smoothly because I know cable A to Z . He says how can you show me this power. I said you will find out . I at that time wrote here constantly , darn near lived on cabl.com ,had a whole lot of friends in the industry. I went on here and posted Protels corporate #'s and asked every body to call the corporate office and tell them WHITFIELD said to call . My friends here blew his phones up all day , the next day Keezer calls me and says I guess the stunt you pulled yesterday you thought
was funny , I couldn't even make a phone call out , for the phones ringing so much . I laughed and it pissed him off and he cussed me and I told him to go fuc. himself . Then I started writing true stories about Protels mismanagement and lies to further bury the hatchet . This was just prior to when I lost it on wet cement when a hacker invaded my computer and caused me to go off and cause wet cement to be closed forever. It really gave this site a boost into stardom . I use to have people calling me from all over the US telling me we have to stay tuned to see what your gonna write next . I recall 10 .5 pages once being written in wet cement in about 1.5 hrs time . That began when the hack came here under my name and wrote lies about me as if it was me writing them . I still recall what I told my hacker here in wet cement. I told them When I found out who they were , they would soon be dead and cut up into small chunks placed frozen in onion sacks in my freezer , as I was going to use them instead of oil fish to create my slick like to attract fish while King Mackerel fishing. I got to admit a few years back I was one Big mean crazy sum bitc. , Well still am , I just have better control of my temper . Yup those were the days! How close are you to Nogales, Arizona and Mexico ? I had some damnnnn goooood times there like you did overseas (ladysman). I know right where to tell you to go for an unbelieveable mouth watering good time. Let me know and I'll write the Nogales story and when everybody gets done picking up their teeth they will also know how to party in Mexico. I know this was kinda long , but I'm known for long stories. Hurricane season starts June first and I always write alot here at that time of year in hopes of unifying contractors , to work together to take control of primes . If people would just realize they have to set back a few days and unify when a hurricane hits so the primes can't produce the number of heads inhouse thats when the prices go up and they bring in outside contractors to meet supply and demand . I'll be writing alot more on this subject as hurricane season approaches . I'm out of cable right now , but let a major hurricane hit , lets just say , when the prices come to where there supposed to be alot of old dogs will come back to our industry . Funny thing how the mother companys use the primes and when they can't produce they fuc. them and lose them and another company steps up to the plate. Let me shut up and get off here for now. I got work to do at the shop . Let me know if you want to hear about Nogales.......... (usa)"WHITFIELD"(sunny)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #218072. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4Ts
Posted in reply to: Re: made it by sab3r
There are 0 replies to this message