Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Maybe It's Me?!?

I had a tech come to my house to hook me up and he said they stopped hiring deadbeats, and started paying better wages ($16 to start, tripple techs make $20+) because it was just not worth it putting a non-producing loser in a truck and letting him screw with their plant.

40k a year as an employee? Better than $1200 week contracting! I hear the argument that a contractor has more freedom, but how many of us have turned down a job and gotten a lousy route the next day as payback?

In a growth enviroment there's always money to go around. Those days are over. Now the only way to increase their margins is to keep cutting jobs. Instead of 30 contractors working in a system, Comcast now has 2 or 3 so they don't need as many people to handle the contractors.

Doesn't matter to them, they just fire the smallest of them and soorner or later the smaller primes end up as subs to the larger, or just fold. Either way the ones who do the work are still around. Now with 2 or 3 primes, its a lot harder to walk for more money because they all pay the same. Why would they compete against each other? They all get paid the same!

This is CABL.com posting #217754. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4Ok
Posted in reply to: Re: Maybe It's Me?!? by hookman 81
There are 0 replies to this message