Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Maybe It's Me?!?

We are seeing the same things on the East coast. I am very surprised that they are going down this road and putting all there eggs in a few baskets. They are having major employee problems on the in-house side. They cannot do the amount of work that the contractors have been able to do based on all the corporate rules and regulations that need to be addressed in a big corporate environment. Even all the corporate people are working overtime to keep up with this new employee based workforce they are having to maintain. And the unions are trying to penetrate into that growing workforce.

Remember this, this new initiative has happened during the slowest time of the year. What will happen to this program when it starts to get busy? What will happen when installs go over 30 days out? We have all been around when the pressure has been placed on the contractors during peak season.

Only time will tell how this industry will handle this major manpower shift. This is the farthest I have ever seen the MSO's go, so we will have to sit back and wait. One final question, who will they blame when this doesn't work and they only have a minority of contractors? They have been blaming the contract labor force for years, while having the same problems on a smaller scale with their own employee workforce.

Let's not hope for a weather catastrophe to bring back a once proud industry, let us hope for common sense and a need for quality workmanship to bring contracting back our industry.
This is CABL.com posting #217643. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4Mx
Posted in reply to: Maybe It's Me?!? by paul rowe
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Maybe It's Me?!? RABCOM 5/6/2008 11:46:00 PM