Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: what the f...

I disagree! Anyone can post an add with whatever prices that they choose. And I will ALWAYS choose not to work for such B.S. prices. Hey, I wouldn't do sat. for 70/20, why would I even consider 50/15, lol. My min. acceptable price is now 100/25 with the current cost of living. I will not work for anything less......period! Of course, that means I'm not going to be doing sat. work ever again. If they can get some "chumps" to work at those rates, good for them (and bad for this business), but that's the way it is. As an independent contractor this is a business for me ...... period. It costs around .50/mile to operate a vehicle, and around $10 for materials/outlet. That means for a 4 TV job I have around $60 invested into it (based on a 40 mile round trip). I work to make a decent profit. It can't be done in satellite anymore based on the prevailing rates. But don't blame me for being the cause of it. It is those that think so little of themselves, that they are willing to work for peanuts, that are the cause of it.
(cool)

" Everybody reading this post. YOU are the cause by not becoming a cohesive unit 3-4 years ago when prices really started falling off. Lots and lots of bitching and moaning and talk of unions but you did'nt do anything but accept that crap."
This is CABL.com posting #217402. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4IE
Posted in reply to: Re: what the f... by Pascomm
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: what the f... union4me 5/3/2008 3:37:00 PM