Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Differences between DTV and Dish

Paul, have installed Dish, Direct Tv, and cable. I think as for the installer Dish is the most profitable. You only need one line ran to dvrs and with the dpp lnb one line of the lnb can run 2 tvs, you dont even need to home run lines outside to a switch like direct tv. Also i like the way you can back feed tv 2 off one reciever with the use of 2 diplexiers. I dont know where these guys install but here if the customer has a phone jack with-in 25 feet you connect with jumper that is provided. Hell even on our work forms it states is there a phone jack wirh in 25ft yes or no. I am sure one day this will change but then i should be getting paid ATand T rates for installing phone jacks and connecting into existing phone systems which probably has an alarm tied in. Also dishes big dish the 1000+ is still easier to install than the ka/ku. I also believe that the dsh system is more customer friendly, if you go from sat control to tv control on remote it tells you on the screen and stays there until you go back to sat and the guide is easier for the customer to know excatly what they have, this means least repeat trouble calls for customer ed and the biggest plus of dish i have found, when i call dish their automatic activation system takes very little time and also the people at dish seem more friendly to the tech, they actually say thank you for taking care of our customer wwwoooowwww
This is CABL.com posting #216893. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4Ar
Posted in reply to: Differences between DTV and Dish by paul rowe
There are 0 replies to this message