Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Differences between DTV and Dish

I'll have to agree with the first reply from Vegas, I have installed Dish for 8 years, and recently DTV for 1, DTV eats up alot more time and materials, and thier customers seem to be extremly touchy over everything, most contract companies only will pay a $55/15 rate and $15 for KA/KU, no additional for the 2nd line dvr you have to run, and most state Phone lines are required, EVEN if the cust has/and never plans/ on getting a land line, HSP"s policy is to install it anyway. The only draw back is the customer can be charged for custom work (pole mounts, wall fish etc) but I think i would rather get paid 40% more per install than fight with a customer over a $60 wall fish, thats just me though.

DTV is very picky, and low pay, and very seldom have the techs best interest at heart, Dish pays higher, and tends to treat techs more respectable (IMO) but does have equipment problems, but easier to install. My choice would clearly be a good Dish Retailer or DNSC fulllfilment if any exist anymore.

Never argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
This is CABL.com posting #216877. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4Ab
Posted in reply to: Differences between DTV and Dish by paul rowe
There are 0 replies to this message