Create your free account now! Sign up

Horrible Job Offer

I just called a guy that posted an ad on Craigslist in Nashville. He was looking for satellite installers, so I figured, what the hell. I'll give him a call to see what he's offering.

I explained to him that I have 8 years of experience, and that I am mainly a commercial tech. He seemed impressed with my credentials, and said that he would even be able to pay me a little more because of my experience.

So here I am thinking that he'd pay me something like 90/30, when he dropped the bomb. He said that they could pay me 55/15, and I'd have to buy my own supplies and gas.

I didn't let him go any further. I just said, "You are the reason that no one can make a living in this field anymore." He asked me what I meant. I said that is the lowest pay rate I have ever heard, and he would not find any qualified technicians to work for him around here. Even the worst companies in Nashville (read Bruister) pay better than that. (rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(flipoff)(flipoff)(flipoff)(flipoff)(flipoff)
This is CABL.com posting #216775. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4yx
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Horrible Job Offer clm1050 4/27/2008 9:49:00 PM
Re: Horrible Job Offer southern 4/25/2008 8:20:00 PM
Re: Horrible Job Offer Nate30 4/25/2008 6:37:00 PM