Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Comcast With Subcontractors

I am all for a walk out. Only problem is there are ten companies who are willing to work for half what the current rates are because they will just stick it to guys in the field once they are a prime. After I left Comcast, I seen a rate sheet from the company who took over one of my territories and it literally paid half of what I paid my guys.

One of the things that I do not miss about CATV is the back stabbing that goes on. There is very little solidarity any more. Before I get condemned for the last comment, it is not everyone in the business. But there are enough snakes in the grass willing to cut your throat for a nickel who do not have the half experience, and the end product shows it. I am beginning to believe that the only way this is going to change is when to damages to subs homes becomes so bad and system reliability goes down the toilet and it begins to hurt the MSO's bottom line ( and Wall St. notices it ) will there be any change.

I also believe, and this hurts me to say because I can't stand big government , that they need to license CATV contractors. Some of the things I see now make me cringe. I think they believe grounding anything is not necessary now. But the MSO doesn't care because they got it done for next to free.

This is CABL.com posting #216586. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4vu
Posted in reply to: Re: Comcast With Subcontractors by cablchik
There are 0 replies to this message