Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Comcast With Subcontractors

It's time to listen to the fat lady singing my brothers.

We are rapidly approaching, nah... we have arrived at the end of what used to be a profitable business for a good sub-contractor that took pride in their work product.

People keep saying "when the cable co's realize that less pay = less quality things will change" are just lying to themselves and who ever listens to their hopeful banter.
The cable co's couldn't give a rats rectum about you or I, or even their own employee's for that matter.

The big primes will be the ones left standing by hiring "no experience needed" kids fresh out of high school and start them at minimum wage and maybe give them 5% pay raises as they learn to do other products.
Basically they might as well be driving 4 cyl. pick-ups with ladder racks and the golden arches.

It's truly sad to see ads here on the bar saying that triple techs could possibly make $1000 a week for working 6 days a week.
Well know that means you supply truck , tools, GL ins, gas, etc, work 12- 14 hours a day doing installs where the entire house, drop, and whatever else must be brought to spec for a $28 modem install that you get 6 or 7 of a day and spend 2 or more hours at each one plus not home go backs, and maybe, just maybe you'll see that $1000 paycheck.

Figure with expenses it averages you $400 a week to roll with all you need to have to get the job done and now you are left with $600 divided by 72 working hours you get to net 8.33 an hour....but don't forget taxes and gas going over $5 a gallon this year.

Like I said at the start of this rant, "It's time to listen to the fat lady singing my brothers".
This is CABL.com posting #216523. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4ut
Posted in reply to: Re: Comcast With Subcontractors by dgutility
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Comcast With Subcontractors cablchik 4/22/2008 12:35:00 PM