Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Interlink

I would hazard to guess attempting to put liens on customers houses and property IS NOT the way to go about things.. its not the customer who isnt paying you.. remember.. they get free installation and free equipment.. or they have already paid for it with plastic.. they held up their end.. now if you arent getting paid from the company that you hold a contract with.. you need to read the contract.. word for word.. when it comes to the pay.. make sure it doesnt say they can hold the pay for as long as they want.. if your in the clear.. and feel they owe you money.. find out how much money.. if its within the small claims limit.. send a certified letter to whoever you know too warning them of the possible legal action to get your money.. if no response.. go to small claims and see about how to get it.. if its NOT able to be heard in small claims.. you might need a lawyer to take it to the big boys courtroom. remember a few things however.
1. its most often a PITA and sometimes IMPOSSIBLE to get this money once you have started these procedings
2. It WILL BE KNOWN that you have done this to a company.. and it makes it much harder to find a job within another fullfillment company.

The only time i have done this to a company was when i worked cable in NC .. the company was based out of new jersey .. and they up and disappeared.. gone.. poof.. the supervisor for our area was gone.. quit his job.. we were left in the cold with doors closed and the cable company threatening legal action on us to get their equipment back. A couple of us went after the company with no results.. we were contractors.. no help for us.. good luck on your venture.. but i would in fact stay away from the liens issue..
Steve
This is CABL.com posting #216217. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4px
Posted in reply to: Interlink by beastier
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Interlink crcotton 4/19/2008 6:02:00 PM
Re: Interlink beastier 4/17/2008 7:25:00 PM