Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Any info on Comcast cutting contractor prices?

Guys, it really is a dying trade. I have been in the biz for 28 years now. 17 years as a contractor and 11 years in May as mgmt for Suburban cable bought out by Comcast. I am the liaison between Comcast and the contractors. I have to say that I actually feel dirty most of the time with the way Comcast treats the contractors. They call them "Partners" but treat them like crap. I am finally realizing that I made the right decision to go inhouse when I did. If contracting was still as it was I would have never left it. I don't agree with upper mgmt most of the time but I do my job and I am paid very well. Comcast is pushing all of the smaller primes out now too. They always throw out the "National Contractor" phrase when negotiating. "National" just means large company paying their techs less because Comcast puts so many demands on them.(mad)
This is CABL.com posting #216174. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4oQ
Posted in reply to: Re: Any info on Comcast cutting contractor prices? by uglyoldlineman
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Any info on Comcast cutting contractor prices? dtvwbtech48 4/20/2008 9:34:00 PM