Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Any info on Comcast cutting contractor prices?

Oh that coupled with Comcast wanting all installers to be certified by NCTI and themselves, and the rising cost of doing this work, ie; ins, gas, tools, meters, various other equipment, etc. it's has become simple mathematics for us.

30% cut means that for 5 days work you now get paid as if you only worked 3.5 days.

4.2 days pay for a 6 day work week.

So if you make 1500 per week for a 6 day week that same 6 day week will now gross $1050, minus $100 + for gas, $20 for GL ins, $30 depreciation on tools, $30 avg. vehicle maint., $20 for vehicle ins., $10 a week for boots and required uniforms, and say another $30 a week for nextel, maybe you have a broadband access card, another $13, and lets just say $30 for other unknown incidentals,
which comes out to roughly $290 a week for work related expenses, that is if you out right own your vehicle, if not add another $80 a week for payments, which brings us to $370. Subtract that from the $1050 and you are left with $680.

Now most of us work from 7:30 a.m. till the average of 5:30 p.m. without breaks which is 10 hours a day or 60 hours for the week.

I won't even bring up the time we spend doing paperwork at home or other phone calls and such during non work hours.

But that gives us a glorious $11.33 per hour net for the supposed "certified" work we perform, and lets us not forget about Uncle Sam's cut. No benefits, no paid vacations, no paid holidays, no healthcare, nothing.

Do the FUGGIN math my cable brothers. The wind of change needs to blow. So when they cut prices again we simply say no this time around and walk. I WILL.
This is CABL.com posting #215378. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4b0
Posted in reply to: Re: Any info on Comcast cutting contractor prices? by bushmaster
There are 0 replies to this message