Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: MC2 trunk and feeder cable

Could you be more specific. ALL frequencies are impacted with MC2 as any type of cable would be.

What type of issues are you seeing? MC2 cable does show problems (in my experience) with a ripple effect (reflections) in the higher frequency spectrum that can be caused from anything from a squirrel chews, cracks in the shield, corrosion in a chamber due to water damage, P3 connectors put on MC2 cable, improperly cored/cleaned connections and many other possible reasons.

The reflection (ripple) will vary in amplitude depending on the level of RF and how far away from the problem(s). If you have a consistent signature between all amplifier locations and have (as an experiment) re-normalized and see the identical signature, I would confirm proper connectors on the cable and look at the splicing to confirm the internal plastic has been properly cleaned for connector specifications. The use of a (sorry guys) TORCH will cause problems heating the aluminum jacket and FORCING the connector on the cable because of a poor coring tool that does not remove all the plastic therefore causing a poor or faulty ground between aluminum jacket and the connectors internal grips. Remember ALL cable in CATV is 75-ohm and hacking a connector on will cause a mismatch and reflections.

Hope this has helped.
This is CABL.com posting #215342. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4bq
Posted in reply to: MC2 trunk and feeder cable by rf4me2005
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: MC2 trunk and feeder cable rf4me2005 4/7/2008 1:31:00 AM
Re: MC2 trunk and feeder cable drifterdawg 4/5/2008 10:34:00 PM