Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: magnavox sweep

Hi Mike,

The GNA/TNA 29*/39* have an internal loss of 7dB from the housing input to the input of the return amplifier. (5dB internal 2-way and 2dB for diplex filter)

The LE95/LE97 had an internal loss of 2dB from housing input to the input of the return amplifier. (2dB for diplex filter)

The Mainstations have different losses depending on where you are injecting at and the internal plug-ins within the station. If you are using a feedermaker and inject into the feeder tap, this must be also counted and compensated for from a 1-way to a 4-way as it is bi-directional at this point on the motherboard.

If you are looking for correct levels, this will depend on your system design criteria but if you hit the return amplifier with a MINIMUM of the manufacturers Noise Figure you should be safe in regards to noise contribution.

I will look in more depth for what the manufacturer recommended levels are. I have all the documentation on this older gear. I used to work for Philips/Magnavox as a FE but want to give you exact numbers instead of guessing since it has been a while. Depending on your motherboard type this will vary losses also.

Give me a call. Danny B. on the coast (Cable One) knows me, I believe we have met. I was working (sweeping) in Saucier prior to Katrina and have given a class on some SA amplifiers in the Long Beach office right after.
This is CABL.com posting #215242. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m39O
Posted in reply to: magnavox sweep by grinder143
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: magnavox sweep; 5-RT/33 Spec Buffalo Chips 4/5/2008 1:20:00 PM
Re: magnavox sweep Buffalo Chips 4/4/2008 4:46:00 PM