Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: we all need to do this at the same time

I don't think either one of them (oil companies or the government) are innocent and the fact that they may only get .08 cents on the dollar, which I cannot find anything to verify, they get more money in tax relief. The bottom line is we are getting screwed and it is affecting everything. One thing is affecting the price of everything. Free market? I don't think so. Oil is making everything expensive. Oil companies are making our lives smaller while they get bigger and bigger and MAKE us dependent on them so we can't get rid them or at least have some control over our lives. We are slaves to them and they are getting richer and richer and we are getting poorer and poorer. Gas isn't a luxury but a necessity for all of us. Yes there are many areas we need to cut back and we have to. But the record profit making oil companies aren't cutting back. And we are ALL paying for it. Does the government share responsibility? Yes they do. But the feeling I get from your post is that you don't think the oil companies are not at fault as the government. And I can't find anything to confirm those numbers. The oil companies have sites showing what they pay.....any company I ever worked for can manipulate numbers to appear any way they wish. So I don't believe their numbers. I would need independent sources. OK? ok.
This is CABL.com posting #215083. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m37f
Posted in reply to: Re: we all need to do this at the same time by 1brikshyvtwin
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: we all need to do this at the same time 1brikshyvtwin 4/2/2008 8:40:00 PM
Re: we all need to do this at the same time 1brikshyvtwin 4/2/2008 8:31:00 PM