Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Certifications

I Don't blame anyone for lost faith in contracting catv or non pay dtv work. I myself, after 20 plus years, was forced to go inhouse, I could have stayed contracting. But as all of us know timing is everything!!!

If i was brand new today in this bus. I would run like hell! Some of us don't have that option, we were sucked in by big$ back in the day when things were profitable, anyway, In my opinion, there will be a large demand for "qualified knowledgable(certified) tech's...

Why not make the mso that dictates this policy, Pay for that certification... I am currently in the middle of all the exams, studying, lab work etc. Yes to some degree it's humbling considering I've done everyphase in the industry, down to the head end work. Now I'm in class taking exams for comm tech 1, 2, 3 and cdv..... atleast i'm not paying for it.. as a matter of fact there paying me to do it, and paying for the gas and o.t., as I said before"timing is everything"! If I were to give anyone advice, and please dog's, take it for what it's worth. It's the story of BIG BULL and little bull !!! take your time and get them all.......... peace, out. GOD Bless, hang in and you'll be suprised at new opportuninies that will come to the industry by the second quarter of 09. ps. ingress is their biggest enemy and our biggest advisary, the new meters don't lie, knowledge is power!(smokin)
This is CABL.com posting #214833. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m33d
Posted in reply to: Re: Certifications by triplesec
There are 0 replies to this message