Create your free account now! Sign up

equal time

Equally wrong in the news today was this......another man filled with hate wishing to exact revenge on people that had no part in the crime. In this case against Jews who wish to hate. do I blame them? I don't know because I not in the mix with them. I am just pointing out how so many people are hating each other. More racists. Just in other countries.

JERUSALEM — A prominent rabbi on Wednesday called on the government to avenge the shooting attack that killed eight Jewish seminary students earlier this month, saying members of the Palestinian gunman's family should be hanged "from a high tree."

Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu, the chief rabbi of the northern town of Safed and the son of a former chief rabbi of Israel, issued the call in a newsletter distributed to synagogues around the country.

• Photos: Massacre in Jerusalem

"A country that really cares about its citizens should hang the 10 sons of the terrorist from a high tree," he wrote, quoting the biblical Book of Esther. The original text referred to the book's villain, Haman, who plotted to kill all the Jews in Persia before he was foiled.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Eliyahu said he was using a "metaphor," but said he supported taking revenge against people who attack Jews. "I don't apologize for anything and stand behind everything I wrote," he said.
This is CABL.com posting #214552. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m3YG
There are 0 replies to this message