Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: is there a ghost moving my markers on the sda-

This can (possibly) be explained if given more information. I would check/suspect these items prior to thinking I had an equipment (meter) problem:

1. Assume that a good reference and markers were ploted in the begining...where you want them.

2. Confirm that the "Selected Reference Can Not Be Used" message has not happened since the initial reference. If it did, it is most likely that someone in the headend has changed the channel parameters on the SDA-5500. Possibly eliminating the highest channel causing the SDA-5000 to default to the next highest channel in the plan.

3. Confirm that someone did not change the markers during taking EOL or whatever. If a stored trace is brought up and markers moved, I believe that they will need to be moved back to where you want them OR the next sweep traces will default to what you changed.

4. Always check and confirm prior to storing a trace that it is what you want. The Stealth has never defaulted from what was stored unless changed in the field and mistakes happened...in my experiences.

5. When pushing buttons and trying to be Speedy Gonzales, I have seen MANY operators cause their own problems by moving markers and not looking until after 20-30 or more shots later. I know because it has happened to me. Sometimes speed can hurt you, espically in rear easement and in nasty conditions.

I hope this has helped. Good Luck!

Greg Tobin

Interactive Broadband Technical Services, LLC

This is CABL.com posting #211546. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m3cc
Posted in reply to: is there a ghost moving my markers on the sda-5000 by High Splicer
There are 0 replies to this message