Create your free account now! Sign up

? Regarding the use of an analog carrier @ 859MHZ

OK, so I've been fighting not one, but two different modulators to provide an analog carrier at 859.25 MHz, (EIA 135). We've been doing this for a couple of years, in order that it will provide a reference for setting up nodes, amplifiers, and finding roll-off. The problem is this: Both modulators, (one is a GI C6M-II, the other a Standard TVM-860), both have stability issues; wherein they will jump around on the output levels, (this having been verified by three meters connected simultaniously), anywhere from .5 dB to an astounding 2 dB. The Standard is far worse than the GI, it continuously jumped all over by as much as 2 dB. The GI, is better; about .5 dB. I've set both to max output, backed of by three dB, then pad the output at the combiner, (utilizing PCI MaxNet gear with a JXP-* pad). Any thoughts on why this is?

-Doc

This is CABL.com posting #211488. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m3bg
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: ? Regarding the use of an analog carrier @ 859 Buffalo Chips 2/19/2008 12:35:00 PM
Re: ? Regarding the use of an analog carrier @ 859 Splicer Life 4me 2/18/2008 5:11:00 PM