Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Price on scotch lock splicing

Red,

You have mentioned just a few factors. I take into account cable type, i.e. aircore type as well as filled cable type. My set up fee is broke down into aerial, buried, underground, and building. Set up fee does not include placing splice closures. It does not include re-entering, I have a separate price for that.

I also have separate prices for per pair depending on connectors. You have not mentioned if you are using uy or ur, loose or cartridge. If cartridge do you have a e-9c or will you use a e-9y.

When your splices are underground, if you do a fold back they should fit fine as well as look good. I like to put the odd groups on the co side and the even on the distribution side.

I would give you my prices, but they are derived on what I need to make were I work. They might or might not work for you. I work full time in house, and contract on the side with the smaller independents and co-ops in the area.

Someone mentioned that they want you to use scotchloks

because they probably do not have their own equipment to use ms2 or 710, and I will agree with that. I charge much more for scotchlok than I do for mod splicing. My prices vary, but one thing that does stay the same is the $1.35 per pair min. using the e-9c. It is much more if I have to use a e-9y.

Good luck, and if you want some more info pm me.

This is CABL.com posting #211313. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m28r
Posted in reply to: Re: Price on scotch lock splicing by redrocker80
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Price on scotch lock splicing vegassatellite 2/16/2008 8:55:00 PM