Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Strong offense, weak defense

Just start working for the subscribers.

Start going door to door with fridge magnets that the kids will love with a door tag selling them the service of advanced wiring solutions.

Sell them on anything from an outlet to custom theater systems. Computer networking, anything with wires. If your not familiar with computers hire you a teenager haha. But really.

Just got to diversify man. If you are good at what you do you should continue to do it until you are as good at something else, or can afford to take a chance. Don't let the big guys push you around.

If your working a job that sucks, get another one. The whole world sucks and wants you to lay down and die. Everything there is to be got is got. To get anything means to take something from somebody so dog eat dog. Expect it. Everybody in this business wants to make money off the work of you. It is the nature of most business. One guy gets the contract and he gives the service of many men. Then he has to get you to do it for less than he gets paid. You know the rest. A lot of lazy people up the food chain. They all want to live good, they really don't care if you live in a trailer park, as long as your willing to go to work, and do the service they sell. You!!!

People want the service a top quality wiring and networking contractor can give. They just may not know it.

Homeowners who spend 10 grand for 2 plasmas would surely spend a few more. Especially when the service they are getting sucks.

Nothing worse than a 52 inch plasma with crappy service. 250 thousand dollar house with 45 dollars of wire wrapped all around and under and thru the house. There are a lot of options when it comes to hiding wires yet, if you follow a dish network installer around when he leaves the house it is sloppy. Cable tv is really bad.

Give cards to the local installers. I find they really don't want to do anything but hook it up at the pole.

If they could convince a new homeowner to hire an outside contractor to do the wiring they would.

You know I just read an add for splicers in Kansas. There is always work in this business. Don't give up, diversify in what you do. If there is something you don't know, go learn it man.

I guess what I saying is don't think of it as no defense. If you walk away with your tail tucked somebody gonna kick you in the a$$.

If you gotta go home and deliver pizza do it, but don't sit around on your thumbs. time is money. wasted time costs you double. If you have it in you find a contractor who will put you to work as a grunt, if you bust your ass for a little while for a little pay and you take the initiative to learn and watch and absorb you could quickly learn a new trade. That would really depend on you. Anyway done forgot where I was headed with this message, oh yea, diversify, that is your defense. good luck bro

(change)
This is CABL.com posting #211057. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m24j
Posted in reply to: Re: Strong offense, weak defense by triplesec
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Strong offense, weak defense bluedeogee 2/12/2008 6:38:00 PM