Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hughes Net install

I wouldn't touch a Hughes Net for residential application. I do service/install work on Hughes Net on the commercial end. You are talking $500 minimum with $100-$150 service calls to re-align or change out cable and/or connectors. I am leaning more toward commercial as this DTV residential stuff is going to the birds. I had to do an HD upgrade yesterday for some nation wide retailer who I guess makes something to upgrade customers with HD. Anyway, I am not doing it any more..They offer me $35 to remove an old system , and re-install an HD system. And I don't even think about getting work from any HSP's. I think the HSP techs are getting more than that and they have to provide nothing. I would like the people who pass out work to look deep into this HD upgrade and figure what that takes. Not only are you installing a new system, hell they want you to remove the old one.and usually you have to re-wire entire system .Now I work for myself, and I either accept or deny the contracts , depending upon the prices and job description. I have never told anyone that I can drive 90 miles and swap out someones satellite system to a completely new system for $35..I didn't lose too much of that one..Maybe $10 total, but if I did 30 of those a week I would be in the hole $300 every week..It would take about two of those weeks to put me @ Mickey D's
This is CABL.com posting #210588. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m2WK
Posted in reply to: Re: Hughes Net instl by ToddNike
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Hughes Net install scooterz56 2/9/2008 10:26:00 PM
Re: Hughes Net install scooterz56 2/8/2008 2:03:00 PM