Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Tornado vict; Hurricane Katrina victim...

...well, you think that is bad, listen to this:

I was working/living on the Mississippi Gulf Coast just prior to Katrina in Long Beach, MS across the street from the beach. My cell phone was destroyed about 3 or 4 days PRIOR in a non-hurricane incident. I had AT&T as a cellular provider. I called AT&T to have a NEW cellular sent to my address. I spoke with someone in Canada from what I remember.

August 29, 2005 we got blasted and my apartment building was totally destroyed right down to the pavement. Luckily I got out a day or 2 earlier.

AT&T is now telling me that I have to pay $200 (OR HAVE MY CREDIT TRASHED) for the telephone that was sent to the address and signed for 2 days after Katrina hit. After speaking with all levels of management for over 2 weeks, it took an act of God to make them back off. Their argument was that SOMEONE signed for the delivery so it was my problem. My argument was that the package was sent into a national disaster area, and I did not sign for it (and I also requested for proof of WHO DID) and that it was impossible that someone at that address signed for it because it was a RESTRICTED AREA for military and special groups and the address DID NOT EXIST anymore...actually the entire zip code was almost non-existent.

If I didn't press the issue and complain to the top, I would have been another victim for their corporate sponge. Just make me wonder who HAD to pay for their missing cellulars under similar circumstances.

Sorry for the soapbox but that really was a low blow at that time and was a sad state of affairs for AT&T to even be so cold and treat a customer like trash. But they have the monopoly.
This is CABL.com posting #210077. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m2Ov
Posted in reply to: Tornado victim billed for cable devices by thetyrone
There are 0 replies to this message