Create your free account now! Sign up

Help with hack work.

I’ve been out of service for about a year and a half due to an auto accident. I am staying with my daughter’s family to baby sit for an upcoming delivery. They recently had DSS installed, (within a month), and this install reminded me of why I stopped doing DSS installs. Having to fix hack work! This is one of the worst that I have seen. Cable across the floor, no conduit, no sealing, no grounding, no concrete, landscape wood on top of cable to hide cable, and on and on and on! The install company’s Q.A. came and looked at the install, did some song and dance, but still blew smoke up my son in law’s butt. I’ll post some pictures after I get this stuff stopped in this area. However, I need some help:

1. I need current DirecTV install polices and procedures, especially relating to poles and direct burial cable.

2. Georgia low voltage license and contractor requirements.

3. DirecTV approved parts.

4. DirecTV standard install items.

5. DirecTV SBCA requirements.

It is hard to believe this had happened to something so good? My insurance would have cancelled me if I had got caught doing something like this! Most of the neighborhood installs look like this! Web sites would be nice, thanks for the help.
This is CABL.com posting #208744. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m2s0
There are 0 replies to this message