Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A RANT-Techs,installers or hacks

I don't deny that one bit. There are ALOT of sub standard, ill equipped vehicles in the field performing work even as I write this post.

I answered a question, that's all. The business is changing and not all of it is good, however, getting beat up, "grocery getter" types of vehicles out of the field isn't one of the bad trends, in fact I fully support it.

There are going to be plenty of beaters in the field for many years to come with dish/dtv allowing the trend to continue the longest. The large cable MSOs are weeding the mom and pop, independent, smaller 1099 operators out of their universe as quickly as they can and still maintain their quota, but it is happening.

Comcast, the largest MSO will require their vendors to be employee based, vehicle provided companies by July of 2008. Will it happen completely this year....of course not. Will it happen eventually? Yes.

TWC of Charlotte as well as ALL the TWC Divisions will be enforcing a 7 year rule for the age of the vehicles in the field in this region of the country. It will eventually happen nationwide.

The business is changing, no doubt about it.

I sometimes wonder if I would hire ME when I was an installer. I had long hair past my shoulders, wore t-shirts and Ocean Pacific tank tops to work and never met a pair of ratty jeans that i didn't like.

Yep, the business is changing......
This is CABL.com posting #207735. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m2cJ
Posted in reply to: Re: A RANT-Techs,installers or hacks by vegassatellite
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: A RANT-Techs,installers or hacks Kenneth Tackett 1/11/2008 2:12:00 PM
Re: A RANT-Techs,installers or hacks rmciver 1/11/2008 9:37:00 AM
Re: A RANT-Techs,installers or hacks SturgisBiker 1/10/2008 8:36:00 PM