Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: phone lines

The really funny thing is the amount of venom some of you guys are showing over next to nothing.
1. There is no reason not to do the best you can do for the customer.
A normal install USUALLY is from source to first receiver, no matter the route. Excluding wall fishes.... Wall fishes have never been part of a normal install. The main reason is to do one correctly you need to cut holes in the drywall and probe for obstacles and repair the wall and repaint. Tell me that you don't increase your risk of hitting electric lines or other wall filled devices going top down or bottom up. That's why most companies don't do them. Do you turn the power off to that wall when you do it? Or do you do it the BEST you can in the time you've got. Do you run conduit, or other insulating material? I'm sure none of you do even when you charge for them for "a wall fish".
2. Any custom job needs to be done on a bid type basis so the customer knows what he's up against so he can look for his best price. That way you don't have to do anything for free. But there should be balance, I have never heard of anyone giving any money back when you show up on a job and all of the work was already done because the last tenant did it right and you were in and out in 20 mins.
CJ
This is CABL.com posting #207623. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m2aV
Posted in reply to: Re: phone lines by cablchik
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: phone lines bluedeogee 1/9/2008 8:41:00 PM
Re: phone lines bluedeogee 1/9/2008 8:23:00 PM
Re: phone lines sbp37388 1/9/2008 8:19:00 PM