Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: phone lines

It would be a customer call what they wanted and what they wanted to pay for. Time isnt the issue it is a chargable item for the crawl and it doesnt matter. Im not out here for the time saver method Im out to put money in my pocket and to pay the bills. So if it takes thier money to pay my bills just like it takes the man or womans money that they get paid for thier time for to pay thier bills. So yes it was a crawl under the house or in the attic I would charge them unless it was a job that was a large custome job and they had already agreed with me to the price. Then there is avery good chance that I would do it and not worry about the charge. Im not out to rip people off just out to get paid a fair amount for my time and trouble of doing the job.
We are contract labor and it is just like if you are building a house for someone and they want to start out with a set of prints and then want to add extras during the construction of the house. There is additional cost in material and labor. So it is added into the final bill at closing. There is nothing different in the installation world of sat. installs. If you want more then you pay me for more. The customer is paying us to install a system for them. They are paying usall for the time and money and things we know how to do for them. When you really look at it they are the customer but we ( the installer ) is there customer. do to the fact that they are paying us for our time and skill to do a job for them as a contractor. So inturn the more time the materials that they want from me the more that i expect to be payed. In the same sence if you just want basic house wrapped in wire and one wall penatration. then hey it looks like s... but that is what you payed for the basic. It is just like buying a car if you buy a basic stripped down chevy work truck then that is what you pay for. Then again if you go out a buy a hummer then that is what you get.
It is like I tell people yes Im the sat installer but i expect to get paid just like the plummer the pool man the heat and air guy or the electrition. There is no diference in them and us. Except that some of us go out and do work for free because we are told by someone that we have to and believe that we have to. On the other hand you people in the field that wont work for free and dont work or put our skills and tools to work for free. Because we know we dont have to and we get paid for putting our knowledge to work.
Hope it wasnt to long but hope life is good for you this year and good for all of us in the industry.
This is CABL.com posting #207621. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m2aT
Posted in reply to: Re: phone lines by FUNNYFARM
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: phone lines FUNNYFARM 1/10/2008 8:25:00 AM
Re: phone lines Nate30 1/9/2008 7:39:00 PM