Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How greedy can Comcast get?

Give me some more details on that!

The story has extended.....guess what? The very next day, after I posted this story, I get a phone call from an installer from Time Warner. The guy says he is going to be at my house in 10 minuets. I said, you were supposed to be here on the 28Th and I am no longer interested.

I call Time Warner to make sure my Vonage service has not been slated for disconnection and I tell them the story about how they should have been here a week ago.

The lady checks while stating that she is sorry for my inconvience. She pulls up the screen and verifies my story. Her explanation was that Vonage would not let them port the number until yesterday and that they tried to call me but there was no answer.

I said, I was here all day the 28Th and that there were no messages left for me on all three of the phone numbers I gave them. Plus she had a whole week between to call to set up an appointment. I checked my caller ID histories and there were no calls from time Warner on any of my phones.

I told her that I would like to know what exactly happened because I work in the industry and they did not fallow procedure. I believe a door tag should be left if the customer is not home, and then a second attempt must me made before the shift ends that day. I told her that I wanted to make sure this did not happened to another perspective subscriber in the future. I was very polite and restrained from becoming a jerk about this.

I was really disappointed because I support the companies who have supported my family for so long. I would rather stay with cable than put a dish on my roof even though it cost more money. I have been offered free satellite systems in the past. I sold Primestar back in the day and still chose cable .

I am sure a lot of you will tell me how stupid I am for doing all of this, but I really love this industry. I am absolutely livid regarding the way this situation was handled. I can not believe Time Warner would have the gull to tell me that they made an appointment without my knowledge or consent thinking that I would still be happy to have their product installed.

I have Internet and every channel you can get from Time Warner. I have been a cable customer for almost two decades. I am now looking into alternative services with a heavy heart. I feel I have been forced to go with the telco's triple play packages as a result of this incident. So, who has the best packages for programming, Internet, and phone (besides cable).

Thanks,
Gal
This is CABL.com posting #207067. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m11X
Posted in reply to: Re: How greedy can Comcast get? by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: How greedy can Comcast get? Splicer Life 4me 1/4/2008 3:12:00 PM