Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I need a bit of advice!!!!!! Any advice will h

Just my 2-cents worth...

First, you (and I guess he) agreed that it was AS-IS.

Second, you both agreed that the meter was to be returned in 2-days and he is still using it and refuses to return it now.

Third, the "self-cal" is not working. Was it at the time you purchased it from HIS company?

Fourth, since (in most cases) the self-cal fix is usually rectified when recalibration is completed, this sounds like a necessary step for Acterna to do. Did HIS company RE-CAL the meter when you bought it?

These are some questions that I would look at seriously. AS-IS is exactly what it is. It is kinda like buying a car. If you buy it AS-IS and a week later your speedometer goes on the blink, would the dealer take it back? Your car still works but you guess you are doing the correct limits. Considering that many people that have Stealth's pay no attention to the calibration date never mind the internal calibrator, it is may never have been calibrated nor even an issue with the last owner and you will never know if it ever worked...unless it is a failsafe for a needed calibration done by the factory. In any event, it is a judgment call.

Good luck!
This is CABL.com posting #206894. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m1Za
Posted in reply to: I need a bit of advice!!!!!! Any advice will help. by salesdawg
There are 0 replies to this message