Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: PDA's

For use with in house techs the PDA or symbol device is a great idea as they are paid hourly and need merely punch a time clock upon the start and end of each day.

As for contracting ? forget about it. We run on paper as proof of work done, and the pda or symbol device would only serve to become a digital vapor trail that would screw us out of billions of dollars each year.
How many MSO's would simply allow every prime access to the data base that those devices input the data into for processing ?

The automatic billing that made it's debut in systems a year ago is still having it's bugs worked out as payouts have fallen further behind and input billing codes ( cap codes ) simply vanish by days end.
Too many managers and corporate chuckleheads looking to make a name for themselves by making their numbers look good at our expense.
My new years resolution is to look into starting another tech oriented business where I collect my fee's from, and deal directly with my own customers. Any trouble calls if at all come directly to me, and if it's customer error they can pay me some more$$$$$ and not me pay out more than I made on the job for somebody else's error.
This is CABL.com posting #205857. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m1Ir
Posted in reply to: PDA's by triplesec
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: PDA's littlebear 12/18/2007 8:48:00 PM
Re: PDA's SturgisBiker 12/18/2007 12:19:00 PM
Re: PDA's Kingsley McLean 12/18/2007 10:42:00 AM